You may be here because you are interested starting out as a contractor. If so, this is a good place to start reading.
If you’re reading this, you’ve just been or are about to be placed as a contractor through Sourced. Congratulations! We’re thrilled to have you on board and hope to maintain a long lasting relationship with you in finding contracting opportunities that meet your needs and open up new doors.
As a contractor through Sourced there are several unique benefits you’ll receive from us which include:
- Regular catch ups, work feedback and updates from your Sourced consultant
- A proactive approach from us in finding your next role at the end of your contract
- Access to our clients and other professional contractors within the NZ IT sector
- Access to current market rates for your skills and experience in the contract market
- Access to private social media pages and groups which provide resources specific to contractors and upcoming work opportunities
- Rewards for referring other contractors
- Access to the Sourced Report - a half yearly breakdown of the Canterbury IT market
- Invite-only networking events for Sourced contractors
- We make life easy with real-time, online timesheeting and invoicing
- Whether you’re new to contracting or are a lifestyle contractor there are a few things you should know in regards to engaging with Sourced as a contractor:
- As outlined in your contract, payments will be made to you monthly according to the hours on the timesheets you have submitted (for a full calendar month). Your standard payment schedule will be payment on the 20th of the following month.
- Sourced use online time recording which also provides you with easy access to your earning records through the year.
- Your point of contact for all questions relating to timesheets, invoicing, and payments, is Diana Mayes - Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or 03-928-1403).
- When contracting through Sourced Ltd, you are effectively self-employed and are responsible for dealing with your own tax (PAYE/income tax). In summary, this involves:
- Investigating company and sole trading structures under NZ law in conjunction with your situation
- Becoming GST registered if you are required to under Inland Revenue Department (IRD) regulations (see http://www.ird.govt.nz/gst/)
- Taking responsibility for your own tax payments. Sourced are unable to assist in this area
- Should you want or need insurance coverage for your new contract, Sourced is able to provide this. Please talk to Diana Mayes - Office Manager (03-928-1403) - for more information on this.
- As per our Health and Safety discussion, it is of utmost importance that you advise Sourced of any H&S related incidents in the workplace, whether serious harm has been inflicted or not (but particularly if it has!). We have a register that must be updated accordingly and covers all persons affiliated with Sourced Ltd.
Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to work with you. Please contact us immediately if you have any queries or comments on your employment contract processes.
The Team at Sourced.