Senior Design Engineer Team Lead
Apply for this job
Save this job
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
Your application has been submitted.
- Cutting-edge, real time engineering solutions
- Step up into a leadership role with a hands on component
- C++ experience essential
Working in modern, well appointed offices on products that are used by customers all around the world your new role will focus on product design, design methodology and technology. You’ll get to work on key projects and be directly responsible for the team and product lifecycle. You will be joining an organisation that encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and offers a wide range of learning opportunities.
What would I be doing?
You will guide, mentor and lead the engineering team to ensure key products are successfully delivered and maintained. You’ll be involved in the full lifecycle of products from design through to enhancement and maintenance of existing solutions.
What do I need?
We seek candidates with a tertiary qualification in engineering or telecommunications, and who have extensive experience in embedded firmware development. This role is best suited to someone stepping up into their first leadership formal role who can bring the following skills:
- In-depth knowledge of software architecture with at least 5 years in commercial product development
- Ideally some experience leading and coaching agile teams and managing performance
- A strong background in C++ development, ideally within embedded environments
- Experience with Test Driven and Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience in Continuous Development or Continuous Deployment Environments
- Experience with maintaining and refactoring large legacy code bases to match modern coding standards
- Experience with Linux Kernel and driver development
- Flexibility, team focus and inquisitive mind and problem solving skills
What do I do now?
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch IT market.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.