Site Reliability Engineer (Microsoft environment)
Apply for this job
Save this job
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
Your application has been submitted.
- Large and complex enterprise environment
- Significant scope for skills development and growth
- 6 month contract including some work from home
What’s in it for me?
A competitive hourly rate, the chance to work in a uniquely complex enterprise environment, plus working with a really talented group of Data Engineers. This is a great opportunity to put your Microsoft stack background to use, providing support in the Reliability Engineering space.
You will be adding support to an existing team and working within a collaborative, professional, social Agile setting.
This is a 6 month contract initially, working a mix of at home and in office, with flexibility to be based in either Auckland or Christchurch.
What would I be doing?
You can expect to be highly involved in:
- Design, build and deployment - Release Management is a key part of this role
- Providing a high level of attention to system monitoring, patching and maintaining an optimized development environment
- Learning new tools, processes and methodology across a variety of tools and technologies
- Actively contributing to share and grow knowledge base in the DevOps/Release/Reliability Engineering space
- The role requires experience typically gained from a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- A tertiary qualification in computer science is highly advantageous, but not essential if experience is sufficient
- Experience supporting Microsoft development platforms preferred. Certifications would be highly advantageous
- Good exposure to Web Services, API, Rest or RPC protocols
- A sound understanding of DevOps, ITIL, ITSM, IT security and monitoring frameworks
- Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of modern software development/scripting techniques
- Excellent communication skills with high attention to detail. Fluent English language (written and verbal) skills are a must.
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch, Auckland, and wider New Zealand, IT and Technology sector.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.nz
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.