New Zealand Quality Manager - Rakon
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
Rakon is a global high technology company that designs and manufactures world leading frequency control solutions. Rakon products are found at the forefront of communications where speed and reliability are paramount. Whether it be deep down in the infrastructure, satellites in space, or navigation devices – Rakon's products are at the forefront of enabling connectivity, faster and more reliably. We are looking for a Quality Manager to play a pivotal role in the transformation of our approach to quality.
- Play a pivotal role in an international quality transformation programme
- Significant career progression opportunities in the short term
- Outstanding work culture offering flexibility, stability and professional development
Rakon has built a world-class reputation in engineering excellence and continues to innovate and lead new product development - meeting changing global needs in frequency control solutions. Our innovative approaches are only possible through the experience and drive of our people.
At Rakon, we look for strong communicators and deep thinkers who can lead and be adaptable to ever-changing industry demands. From engineering through to production, supply chain and sales, through to our finance and support teams, we are continuing to build innovative diverse teams who will drive the successful growth of our global company.
Our people enjoy a team-based practical culture and as a global organisation with nearly 1000 employees, we understand the need to be a supportive working environment.
Globally, Rakon attracts high-quality people and consequently, we leverage the benefits of a multicultural environment. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage global thinking, innovation, high performance and teamwork in each of our locations.
We are seeking to appoint a leader for our New Zealand Quality Management practice, with a direct path into Global leadership in the short term future.
What would I be doing?
You will be a senior leader within our Global Quality team, and pivotal to Rakon’s global quality transformation programme. Leading a team of highly experienced specialists here in New Zealand, while also working heavily with teams in France and India, your driving purpose will be to achieve a standardised approach to quality that embeds best practice tools, training and techniques within every aspect of our design, engineering and manufacturing processes.
You will touch on almost every function of the Rakon business, embedding discipline and quality improvement principles, bringing our highly experienced team of specialist engineers along on the journey.
What do I need?
We are looking for a strong leader, mentor, and most importantly a relationship builder. You will understand and be experienced with transformational change, and have the experience and the approach to thrive in this environment.
We are looking for a naturally curious Quality Manager, with a strong desire to put eyes to a problem, and somebody who really knows how to bring people together to solve problems.
We would expect to see in our successful candidate:
- Senior Quality management experience in a high volume electronic manufacturing environment in excess of 7 years.
- Understanding of, and experience with registration and maintenance of International Management System standards.
- Knowledge of, and experience utilising a broad range of quality concepts and tools (e.g. TQM, Kaizen, standards, continuous improvement, lean/6-sigma, Deming principles, balanced scorecard, DOE/Taguchi Methods, Cost of Quality, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of quality control methods in a manufacturing environment.
- Very strong communications and influencing skills.
- Experienced at managing and developing quality employees.
What do I do now?
- Please contact Michelle Bishop, Consulting Lead on 03 928 1402
- Apply using the Apply button on this page