IT Systems Administrator
Apply for this job
Save this job
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
Your application has been submitted.
- Varied role in a software development environment
- Level 1 - 3 support across systems, applications and hardware
- Seeking a team focused self-starter who wants to add value
Our client is a local software development company with a fast growing international client base. Joining the dedicated team in the Christchurch based HQ this role will see you providing level 1 - 3 support and application support.
Taking responsibility for the maintenance, configuration and reliable operation of our client’s systems, you will also assist in the development of IT strategies.
Not only will you get to showcase your existing systems administration skills, you will also be given numerous learning and upskilling opportunities particularly in supporting cloud applications and troubleshooting cloud services.
This role is best suited to a technically curious, intermediate level systems administrator who can turn their hand to or is keen to work with applications, hardware and firmware, cloud technologies and Linux commands.
What would I be doing?
This will be a busy and varied role, where your contribution will be valued and visible throughout the company. Key responsibilities include:
- Installing, configuring and upgrading systems, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software and hardware
- Monitoring performance and maintaining systems
- Troubleshooting system issues, documenting problems and solutions and assessing issue impact
- Regular system and backup audits
- Server administration tasks
To be considered for this role you will be required to demonstrate a solid mix of the following:
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or systems administration roles
- Experience working with Azure, Devops, API’s, Linux
- Level 3 technical support experience would be a bonus
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Skilled in analytical and critical thinking
- A team player attitude with good resilience and customer focus
What do I do now?
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch, Auckland, and wider New Zealand, IT and Technology sector.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.