Software Test Engineer
Apply for this job
Save this job
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
Your application has been submitted.
- Outstanding role for Test Engineer with test automation experience
- Join a high performing team within an established local company
- An employer and culture to be proud of. One of NZ’s finest.
What our client can offer:
Our client is an iconic kiwi brand recognised all over the globe for its pioneering innovation, engineering and manufacturing prowess. In this role you will be joining a dedicated and hardworking team who enjoy the variety, innovative thinking and technical challenge that their exciting products offer. The company is led extremely well from the top and promotes a culture where their people are valued and are empowered to make a meaningful contribution to the delivery of their world class solutions that include hybrid, electric and autonomous offerings.
What you will do:
Joining an established and experienced team of Test Engineers and Technicians you will develop and maintain software testing solutions suitable for verification of electronic control systems. You will execute the test program in conjunction with design engineers, ensuring that the most appropriate software testing techniques, equipment and strategies are applied. The testing will include unit testing, functional verification and software integration testing in both simulated and target hardware environments. The role will focus primarily on test automation within these environments leveraging the existing framework and available tools.
Specific Duties will include:
- Provide options for software test framework architectures.
- Provide evidence that the software has been tested and design goals achieved.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in test methods and equipment.
- Develop the automated test code (in Python) and frameworks to specification and in a timely manner.
- Creation and maintenance of unit tests and ensuring appropriate code coverage is achieved.
- Coordination with test team members on software testing strategy.
- Advising test team of software test results, status and high risk areas.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
The successful candidate will need to bring a healthy mix of technical, interpersonal and collaboration skills to the table. This role needs a strong team player and communicator, someone who thrives in a fast paced, forward thinking and highly motivated team
You must be able to demonstrate:
- A degree or higher level qualification in a relevant computer engineering or science field.
- At least 4 years commercial experience as a Software Test Engineer
- Experience with Test automation Frameworks.
- A high level of competency coding in Python and ideally some C++ and C# coding experience and a knowledge of Windows based IDEs and VS
- Experience in and a commitment to Test Documentation
- A willingness to be office based. Due to the test environment you can expect to be in the office at least 4 days per week. This is not a remote or WFH role.
What to do next:
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch, Auckland, and wider New Zealand, IT and Technology sector.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.nz
Looking to get back to New Zealand?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you are looking to relocate back to New Zealand please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.