Cloud Data Engineer (AWS)
Apply for this job
Save this job
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
Your application has been submitted.
- Established Data specialist ready to take the next step?
- Central city location with highly experienced team
- Cloud Data Engineer in AWS
What our client can offer:
Our client is a global software solutions provider with an established team based in the central city. They have significant project work ahead of them in the architecture, development and delivery of new cloud data pipelines and service capabilities for communication, data warehousing, machine learning, and related big data technologies.
This is a great opportunity to get involved at a grass root level, delivering new solutions into global markets.
What you will do:
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be hands on expanding existing data platform architecture, ensuring an optimized data flow from products and diverse sets of structured and unstructured data sources. You will be working with modern data platform architectures, machine learning principles and pipelines, and building optimized data systems from the ground up.
You can expect to be hands on with a range of technologies including AWS, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Strong analytic skills working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Cloud Services and Concepts (AWS, Azure or similar)
- Working knowledge of Relational Database technologies (MySQL, Postgres.), data models, data mining, segmentation techniques and optimization
- Working knowledge of NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB or similar)
- Familiar with Big Data and data processing tools; Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Kinesis or similar
- Infrastructure automation (Terraform or similar)
- The ability to work between various stakeholders and juggle requirements and product vision to create sound architectural designs
- A very strong team ethic, able to mentor, develop and support more junior team members
What to do next:
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
- Include a cover letter if you are Immigrating to NZ (see below)
We have a number of clients who are Accredited Employers who seriously consider applications from candidates keen to immigrate to New Zealand. Please demonstrate your commitment by attaching a cover letter that clearly states your immigration status and preparedness, as well as your motivations, plans, and timeframes.
Returning to New Zealand?
We love to hear from Kiwi’s around the globe who are relocating back to New Zealand. Please get in touch by registering with us at www.sourced.nz
We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch, Auckland, and wider New Zealand, IT / Technology sector.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT / Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.nz