Infrastructure Lead - Oamaru
Apply for this job
Save this job
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
Your application has been submitted.
- A varied role for a skilled Infrastructure Lead covering BAU and projects
- Join an outstanding company culture and a connected team
- Lifestyle opportunity in a fabulous SI provincial location
What our client can offer:
Network Waitaki supplies electricity to over 13000 customers in North Otago and parts of South Canterbury. Based in Oamaru, you will be joining an established, growing company that values their employers and prides itself on offering innovative energy solutions and electrical construction and maintenance services in a dynamic, fast paced industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, welcoming and collaborative IT Team who together support over 100 users. Here you will enjoy variety, challenge, flexibility and will get to make a real difference in a supportive environment that encourages professional development and training.
What you will do:
This role will draw upon your vast Infrastructure and general IT experience as well as your people skills as you deliver outstanding infrastructure performance and functionality to the business. You will undertake a mix of infrastructure BAU and project work, manage cyber security controls, and liaise closely with key vendors for escalations and service delivery.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The delivery of infrastructure services to IT projects to ensure successful outcomes
- Ensuring internal customer satisfaction with IT service levels and support
- Ensuring server and application performance as impacted by regular maintenance and operations
- Managing external technology service providers to ensure seamless and effective end to end technology infrastructure service delivery.
- Providing level 2 End User Device support including troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Provide technical support for applications and software packages for finance, GIS, and SCADA systems, device operating systems, and Microsoft’s suite of cloud applications.
To be successful in this role you will be a motivated team player who is adaptable, flexible and willing to do what it takes within a small team. You will need outstanding communication and relationship building skills and be customer centric.
Applications are invited from Infrastructure engineers who:
- Have at least 5 years experience undertaking network and server support duties in both virtual and IaaS environments
- Have previously managed relationships with vendors and service providers
- Have previous experience managing IT projects
- Have previous experience with and a good understanding of cyber security
- Ideally have previous experience supporting business applications
- Can demonstrate time management, prioritisation and initiative
What to do next:
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
- Include a cover letter if you are Immigrating to NZ (see below)
We have a number of clients who are Accredited Employers who seriously consider applications from candidates keen to immigrate to New Zealand. Please demonstrate your commitment by attaching a cover letter that clearly states your immigration status and preparedness, as well as your motivations, plans, and timeframes.
Returning to New Zealand?
We love to hear from Kiwi’s around the globe who are relocating back to New Zealand. Please get in touch by registering with us at www.sourced.nz
We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch, Auckland, and wider New Zealand, IT / Technology sector.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT / Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.nz