Information Systems Manager
Contact: Chris Woods
Apply for this job
Save this job
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
Your application has been submitted.
- Senior / CIO level 2IC role, leading people, technology and change
- Join an outstanding organisation leading the way in science and agriculture
- Extensive benefits package and a commitment to the environment and sustainability.
What our client can offer:
Our client is a well respected organisation that operates across the science, agriculture and government sectors. Recognised as world leading innovators their aim is to drive economic prosperity in a sustainable and environmentally responsible way.
With a number of key digital projects underway, you will be joining an organisation committed to transformation, change, efficiency and their people and community.
Also on offer is a flexible work environment and a long list of benefits including 5 weeks annual leave, discounted health insurance, gym membership and access to corporate discounts.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology this 2IC role is both strategic and operational and contributes at a senior level to the development and delivery of digital technologies. You will lead the continuous improvement of business applications and information reporting. You will also be charged with the development and delivery of scientific tools and technologies that support Big Data and IoT data research contracts and models.
Your key accountabilities will sit across people leadership, strategy, portfolio and project management, business analysis and relationships and health and safety.
A key part of this role is to champion the effective implementation of technology change by building strong relationships across the business and by providing effective leadership to critical projects.
You will lead a multidisciplinary, senior and experienced team who are technically strong, and highly regarded across the business and committed to achieving common goals.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
To be considered for this role you will to demonstrate the following:
- 10 years experience in a related senior level role
- A tertiary qualification in Information Systems or similar
- A broad understanding of a range of technologies including AI, IoT, Machine Vision and geospatial and mapping technologies, but equally important are your people skills
- Previous experience building strong working relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders, and experience leading people through change
- Previous IT leadership experience covering a variety of delivery disciplines, building a culture of engagement and accountability whilst displaying organisation values and leadership competencies
- Experience contributing to the development and execution of strategic plans, road maps and operating plans in an IT and wider organisational context
- A strong understanding of project management and project governance principles
- Excellent verbal/oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to liaise with a wide range of internal and external customers and suppliers
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
- Include a cover letter if you are Immigrating to NZ (see below)
We have a number of clients who are Accredited Employers who seriously consider applications from candidates keen to immigrate to New Zealand. Please demonstrate your commitment by attaching a cover letter that clearly states your immigration status and preparedness, as well as your motivations, plans, and timeframes.
Returning to New Zealand?
We love to hear from Kiwi’s around the globe who are relocating back to New Zealand. Please get in touch by registering with us at www.sourced.nz
We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch, Auckland, and wider New Zealand, IT / Technology sector.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT / Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.nz