IT Support and Service Desk Opportunities - contract and permanent
Contact: Chris Woods
Apply for this job
Save this job
Thank you, your Application has been submitted...
Your application has been submitted.
- Regular requirements for both contracting and permanent roles
- A broad range of companies and IT environments
- Competitive salaries and hourly rate options for contractors
We are frequently looking for experienced IT Support and Service Desk Analysts for both contracting and permanent positions. We work with a very broad range of enterprise, SMB, public sector clients and MSPs and are always keen to chat with experienced practitioners in this area.
Working with Sourced as a contractor offers significant benefits including a strong pastoral care model and access to a wide variety of work environments.
For our permanent candidates, we have very strong depth in this space and are often the point of contact for clients looking to recruit.
What you will do:
In most of the roles we recruit you will be required to resolve Level 1 and 2 tickets, emails and calls and escalate these to more senior team members if the problem require a higher level of expertise or authorities, specifically:
- Creating new users and exiting users following prescribed processes
- Ensuring that permissions are granted appropriate to the role
- Preparing hardware from stock for issuing out to new users, including mobile technology, and ensuring that it is available for start dates.
- Queue triaging to ensure issues are resolved quickly and efficiently within the service delivery arm of the team.
- Escalating critical issues to senior team members and technical leads to ensure that issues are resolved quickly with minimum impact
- Basic troubleshooting of computing hardware and software problems to allow staff to perform their duties.
- Replacing devices against the leasing agreements to maintain suitable quality is maintained within budget.
- Updating and maintaining documentation to assist support staff in the delivery of service
Our clients tend to look for a strong mix of the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A relevant industry certification that covers PC hardware and software technologies, networking basics and common software applications or at least 12 months experience with the same.
- Training or experience with a string mix of the following; 0365, Active Directory (preferably AzureAD), Microsoft Admin Centre i.e. Endpoint, Intune, Teams, Security and Defender.
- ITIL Foundations training
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and a proactive approach to assisting users and customers
What to do next:
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
- Include a cover letter if you are Immigrating to NZ (see below)
We have a number of clients who are Accredited Employers who seriously consider applications from candidates keen to immigrate to New Zealand. Please demonstrate your commitment by attaching a cover letter that clearly states your immigration status and preparedness, as well as your motivations, plans, and timeframes.
Returning to New Zealand?
We love to hear from Kiwi’s around the globe who are relocating back to New Zealand. Please get in touch by registering with us at www.sourced.nz
We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch, Auckland, and wider New Zealand, IT / Technology sector.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we’ll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT / Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.nz